Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pre-dinner Popcorn

Most days, while I am preparing supper, my two older children will come in begging for food. I do try to find something healthy for them if supper is more than 30 min. away. If I really have it together, I'll have a veggie and dip platter ready. If not, sometimes I'll pop some healthy popcorn. It really is healthy and it couldn't be more simple.
I put about 1/4 c. coconut oil in a large pot and heat it on high with about 3 kernels in the pot. When those pop I know the oil is hot enough, and I pour in about 3/4 c. of popcorn. I shake the pot just slightly while the kernels are popping until the popping slows to just a few per second.
Sprinkle with some sea salt and you're done! The whole process takes just a couple of minutes.
I did this last night, and it satisfied my boys for the hour they were waiting for supper.
Satisfied children make a peaceful mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment